Lizardwebs First Booth
The Parkway Village Family Fun Day at Clayton, NC on November 21, 2009 was a milestone for Lizardwebs. Lizardwebs Computer Services made it’s first appearance at one of these and had it’s own booth! While this probably doesn’t sound like much, and there ARE a lot of companies that do this regularly, it was a first for Lizardwebs Computer Services!
It was a reasonable day – a little cooler than I would have liked. I didn’t actually get the booth until fairly late in the process so the message of Computer & Computer Equipment Recycling didn’t get out to as many people as I would have hoped. LW did manage to take in a couple of pieces.
More importantly though, LW made some great contacts to get the name out there! I suspect there are at least another good 40 or so people that I spoke to at some length who now know that Lizardwebs does computer repair and web design after this event! There were some attendees that I didn’t get to talk to, but everyone that I spoke to knows who to call for computer repair the next time their computer goes south!
A couple of appointments were made for some computer repair services and several contacts as far as web design and web development were also created.
However, I really learned a few important things about attending these little events.
- Bring your own table – a LIGHT one – preferably folding in the middle.
- Make friends with your neighbors quickly – they can be a wealth of information as well as a lot of fun!
- Putting up a canopy IS actually a 2 person job.
- RTFM BEFORE putting up a canopy. I have since read the f***** manual. Would have made life a bit easier.
- Pretty women selling jewelry and those people with FOOD items have a LOT more traffic than a bespectacled computer geek with no goodies on the table.
- A tablecloth is a MUST.
I am thinking that the NEXT event that Lizardwebs attends will HAVE a pretty woman or two WITH popcorn handling the front of the booth.
AND congratulations to Tracy Myatt who won the free Computer Service Giveaway!