Stupid Outlook! Won’t open up the URL when I click on it!
I’ve been setting up a new computer for the last week or so. This kind of thing is never a quick thing. And it’s held up when there are idiotic little issues popping up. Here’s the latest snappy fix. Every time I click on some URL in my Outlook 2007, instead of quickly opening up Firefox, I get a
General failure. The URL was: …. An error occurred in sending the command to the application.
Thanks to the forum – apparently this has been an issue since Firefox 3.x – I found working solution at least for me… http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/752702#answer-209825
This quick registry edit fixed it for me.
(Note: These instructions apply to Windows Vista and 7 only.)
1. Click Start, type regedit, and then press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxURL\shell\open\ddeexec
3. In the center pane, double-click the Default entry, then remove whatever value is there (it’ll probably be a weird string of numbers and commas).
4. Click OK, then exit Regedit.
5. If Outlook and/or Firefox are open, close them, then restart them.