We just posted a new version of the DowntownClayton.org website!We’re tickled to be working with the great folks over at Clayton Downtown Development Association. We spoke with Bruce Naegelen about this project several months ago and had a vague idea of what the site was to do. It’s actually a fairly ambitious and complex little site. But it will give them great flexibility going forward to do all the things that they wanted.
We hurried to get it up in time for the 2011 Clayton Harvest Festival and were waiting on Bruce to get us some content for some empty spaces. Bruce called shortly after we posted and told us that he had landed himself in the hospital and we wouldn’t be getting any content this week. We removed a few page placeholders for the time being and we’ll bring ’em back as soon as Bruce feels better and gets us some content for them. It’s going to be a work in progress. We feel bad for Bruce – this is one of the biggest weekends for Clayton – the 2011 Clayton Harvest Festival – and I think he’s going to miss it. Get better soon Bruce!
- Business directory for all the Downtown Clayton businesses to put in their information. We’re still working with Bruce on exactly HOW all that data is going to be put in.
- Rotating Sponsor area for the sponsors of the CDDA group – right now it just has links to Clayton Steakhouse and Lizardwebs (we had to TEST didn’t we???)
- Events Calendar for Downtown Clayton events including town events as well as local business events – contact Bruce Naegelen to put in your event.
- General blogging features – Bruce has been prolific on the Blogspot page and we’ve moved all that content into this new site.
- Feed pulls from the associated Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Protected area file management
It’s pretty extensive. Think we will move it onto servers with a little more horsepower though. Takes a lot of mojo to make this thing run!
Check it out at http://downtownclayton.org and let us (or them) know what you think!